Ready for some awesome results? Botox® and Dysport® are the most popular injectable medications used in the skincare industry today. Botox® and Dysport® are simple, non-surgical treatments that temporarily smoothe moderate to severe lines around the eyes, brows, neck and forehead. Research also found they reduce excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). The injection procedure takes just minutes, with results gradually taking shape over the next 4-7 days. When Botox® or Dysport® is properly injected by a trained medical professional, the process is safe, virtually painless and side effects are extremely rare. Our individualized treatments take particular attention not to cause bruising and look natural. You will see the rejuvenating effects and visible reduction of wrinkles and be happy with a younger looking you! Depending upon your own metabolism and receiving regular treatments the results can last for (3-4) months or longer.
Botox® vs. Dysport®
Dysport® has been competing with Botox® in Europe for over 20 years; yet, Botox® dominates with a much greater market share in Pittsburgh and the rest of the USA.. Because Dysport® works in the same way as Botox®, the product itself requires a greater understanding of how it works and what to expect. Dysport® is less pricey per unit, but requires much more units. It also spreads much more easily. This can be beneficial when treating larger area such as a forehead or armpit (to eliminate excessive sweating.) Hence difficulty occurs for an inexperienced injector when treating around the eyes or mouth. Dysport® does take effect a little bit faster, but Botox® lasts longer. These two injectable medications are not interchangeable.
The following procedures are available at MGR’s FeelNu Medical Spa and Wellness Center through the expertise of Dr. Vinarski:
- Brow lift – If you would like to open up your eyes or eliminate a “heavy brow” appearance, injection might be the right solution for you. Traditional brow lifts require a surgical incision, lifting of the skin and muscle adjustments. If your brow problems are mild, Botox® can create a lift by relaxing the muscles that pull your eyebrows downward. The result reveals a more arched (lifted) and youthful appearance around the eyes.
- Reducing crow’s feet – The area of thin skin around the eyes is a prime target for wrinkles and fine lines. Not only is the skin thinner here, but wrinkles are also caused by squinting, smiling and the sun. Properly placed injections and the expertise of a skilled physician provide a very natural, more wide-eyed, rested and less angry appearance. The injections crow’s feet can be combined with other forms of facial rejuvenation such as filler injections or laser skin resurfacing as well. Dr. Vinarski can recommend the right combination for best results.
- Softening lines in forehead – Many patients complain of annoying “11” vertical frown lines between the eyebrows and of creases in the forehead. Botox® or Dysport® injections placed correctly in this zone will relax the muscles in the forehead or glabellum area, smoothing out the lines and creating a more youthful appearance. Dr. Vinarski has treated hundreds of patients for forehead lines and wrinkles with very positive results.
- Part of Liquid Face Lift – With age, we notice increased wrinkles and sagging skin. Due to muscle movement and some loss of volume in our face, wrinkles occur. While adding volume back to the face by fillers and using Botox® or Dysport® to soften the appropriate wrinkles, our patients can see years off of their face without cutting or downtime. Botox® or Dysport® injections in combination with the fillers injections (“liquid facelift”) can be a very good option for the patient that is on the go and does not want anything drastic done.
- Reducing excessive sweating – If you have tried everything including prescription-strength topical medications to help alleviate excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, don’t give up just yet. Botox® has FDA approval to block the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, the severe sweating stops. While Botox® does not cure hyperhidrosis, it has been proven to effectively alleviate sweating over the course of several months. Your symptoms will gradually return and you’ll know when it’s time for another treatment. Dr. Vinarski comes highly skilled in injecting Botox® and can help plan the right regimen for you. Because hyperhidrosis is a medical condition, your insurance company may cover the costs of your Botox® treatments.
The Region’s Leader
MGR’s board certified physician, Dr. Irina Vinarski, maintains extreme skill at injecting Botox®, Dysport®, and all types of dermal fillers, with thousands of procedures under her care. Dr. Vinarski performs all injection procedures herself at MGR and FeelNu Medical Spa and Wellness Center in Pittsburgh. Her extensive experience means skillful injections with the proper dosage and technique for the safest, most satisfying results. She’s happy to answer all questions and will provide you with full instructions on what to expect before, during and after your treatment.